Get rid of potholes in your area by reporting them (Click on the animation below)

Wednesday 27 January 2010

Day 3 - Tom goes to Solent University Campus

Today we didn't have to wear any uniform, which was good considering we were heading over to Solent Uni campus for a tour and look at real Southampton.  We were crammed into a coach which took us over to the Solent campus.  I do mean crammed; the seats must have been modelled on children.  The guy sitting next to me (who was about 6 foot) had to put his legs in the aisle as he couldn't actually fit in the seat.  What I hoped to get out of today was finding out about climbing in Southampton, but I was none the wiser after our rather drole campus tour.  Our tour guide was a rather enthusiastic young man who went in to a bit too much detail about almost everything.  I think he may have thought we'd not seen the light of day for a few years.  He showed us many a bookshelf in the library, and also took us into a small lecture theatre to describe what happened in the room full of seats all facing the same way. I was left rather perplexed about where he thought we'd come from.  Once the tour was over we headed into Southampton and mooched around the town before negotiating buses to head back to the academy.

The evening was spent having a fight with my printer. Printer: 2, me: 0.  I will try and win tomorrow.  Found out some info on climbing too, so onwards and upwards...

No comments:

Post a Comment