Get rid of potholes in your area by reporting them (Click on the animation below)

Monday 8 March 2010

First Week In March - The tank gets a new hub bearing.

Not a lot happened last week and the week trickled by very quickly as usual.  We have now been here 7 weeks and the time is passing rapidly.  

My workshop sessions were good, although I took it very slowly, so I finally finished my general fitting plate and handed it in for marking.  See it in all it's glory here! (click on photos to view larger)


The square cut out aperture was originally a 12mm hole, which I had to file to a 16mm square.  A lot of filing!


Friday went quickly with nothing much to report.  The only thing worth mentioning is just how quickly we are covering subjects.  I think we'll have covered about two years worth of A level in a matter of weeks.  
Then came the weekend.  Much of Saturday was spent painfully labouring on the car removing the front hub so I could have the wheel bearing pressed out by a garage, then refitting the hub with the new bearing in.  This took ages, was painful and frustrating, and Emily and I had to walk all around town to find someone who would actually be able to replace the bearing in the hub.  The only casualty in the end was the abs sensor which had to be forced out, wrecking it.  All of this would have been impossible without my assistant Engineer, Emily.  Thanks darling.  So, the tank is back on the road and the noise on left hand corners has been replaced by silence.  It's great when repairs work.  Lets hope the hub stays on and all is well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment