Get rid of potholes in your area by reporting them (Click on the animation below)

Wednesday 21 July 2010

A Room With A View

Things have changed a bit here as I have moved to the other accommodation block, Shackleton.  Our block is being refurbished, so we were evicted and moved over here.  I get my own room over here, and the view is much better than the last room, as I look straight out onto the waterfront.  Okay, so I do have the Fawley refinery to look at, but apart from that the view is great.  The people with houses looking over the same part must cost a fortune, so really I am getting a lot of view for the money!  

Here are a couple of photos of the room and one angle of view...






Aside from moving, there have been other changes too.  We have now finished workshop for this phase.  We did the final part last week, which was a half day course taking apart a three phase motor and learning about it.
  



If any of you wondered what an AC motor looks like inside, now you know!

The majority of our other subjects are tailing off as we finish the syllabi, and we are concentrating on revision.  For drawing all this can mean is practice, practice, and more practice.  I've included a couple of photos of my latest drawing which is very much like what we will get for the exam.  We will have three hours to draw three views (specified on the exam paper) including a parts list and title block.  It is very difficult to get it all done in this time and I haven't finished any of the drawings in three hours so far.  We are doing a mock exam on Tuesday though, so hopefully I will be quicker on that.    Photos below (CLICK ON THEM FOR LARGER VIEW)



........

I had the mock exam yesterday and it went well - I finished with ten minutes to spare.  I think I wasn't able to finish any of the previous drawings as they were broken up into two sessions, so I must have taken a while to work out what I was doing when I came back to the part done drawing.  So I was pleased that I finished, and hopeful that I do the exam in a similar way.

Aside from the drawing I've been filling my head with thermodynamics, mechanics and marine legislation.  I'm about half way through all the revision so just got to keep going to get it all done.  Next week we have short courses so not much of a chance to revise then.  I expect I will have a couple of hours in the evening and that's it.

I also have more photos of the view from my room.  These are from dusk and night time. (CLICK ON THEM TO SEE FULL SIZE)
Enjoy.








1 comment:

  1. Hi Tom, I wondered where your blog had gone; Milly sent me the new link. Glad all is going well, good luck with the exams. I have also joined the world of blogging, great fun! Looking forward to seeing you both on Saturday. Take care. Love Jane xx

    ReplyDelete