Get rid of potholes in your area by reporting them (Click on the animation below)

Saturday 4 September 2010

Delays and confusion.

I'm sitting in Madrid airport when I should already be sitting on the plane...except for the fact that it is delayed. Looks like the delay is about forty minutes at the moment, although I'm not exactly sure as I can't tell whether the most up to date time shown on the gate screen means boarding time or proposed take off. As a result I'm chained to the gate seating until it happens. It's no bother though and certainly makes a change from the rush at Heathrow.

By the time I had got to the gate at Heathrow it was already saying closing even though boarding had only begun shortly before. So I showed them my boarding card and marched right onto the plane. I'd only sat in my seat for about five minutes when it started to taxi!

All the staff on the plane were Spanish which made a change, although ever since boarding the plane, right through to my time in Madrid airport, people keep thinking I'm Spanish, until I point out in pigeon Spanish that I can't understand them (partly due to the speed and partly due to my little Spanish). It must be the olive skin or something.

It was also very confusing when I got to Madrid (thanks for the warning Dad) as certain people had to stay on the plane and other people had to get off - this depended on your boarding gate for the next flight. Wonderful system of course, however a bit nerve racking when they're saying this and you're confined to your seat by the seat belt sign because the plane is landing and your next flight details are in your bag in the overhead locker! So I felt like a bit of a div getting off the plane until someone confirmed to me that I was indeed taking the correct path. Then I had no idea whether I had to get my baggage or not. After a nail biting long queue I was told all was being handled and I only had to turn up at the gate at the correct time.

I've got to go now. Incomprehensible English is being spoken very fast over the tannoy and all I can understand is 15-25 so it looks like I'm boarding now...

I'm a novice traveller!

No comments:

Post a Comment