Get rid of potholes in your area by reporting them (Click on the animation below)

Friday 3 December 2010

Days Gone By

Eighty seven days at sea have been completed and signed off - I arrived home yesterday despite the snowy conditions for England.  Luckily for me Heathrow was still open. 


I left the ship, along with the Chief Officer and Second Engineer, at 4pm on Wednesday 1st December and the taxi took us to the Hotel Ciudad Gijon where we stayed for the night.  We then got up at 0445 and the taxi left for the airport at 0530.  We flew from Oviedo to Madrid, where we parted company.  I then flew back into Heathrow and took the train out to Essex.  It was bit of an effort to drag all my stuff through the snow to get home once I arrived in Colchester, but amazing to be reunited with Emily - who was not expecting me until Sunday!  


I've put some photos of the hotel below - it was a shame we only stayed for a few hours as was a great hotel.




Coffee Bar - Full restaurant further through 


Looking down into the main hall from 4th floor where our rooms were.













Soon, I will post a collection of my favourite photos and/or moments from the tour, but for now I'm going to rest a bit and sort out things in the house that need doing.

1 comment:

  1. It's so good to have you back Tom and amazing you got through the snow, Gatwick was shut for 2 days! I know how delighted Milly was to have you back, enjoy the rest and welcome home to Christmas, Love Jane XX

    ReplyDelete