Get rid of potholes in your area by reporting them (Click on the animation below)

Wednesday 14 September 2011

Glad To Be In Gladstone

I arrived here earlier.  Travelled on quite a small plane for the internal flight.  See below.  Only 74 person capacity and shook a fair bit taking off and landing - however I am here in one piece, as are all the other passengers, so fantastic.



Once I arrived there was a bit of a mix up.  The agent (nice lady who's son, of a similar age to me, is currently visiting England) picked myself and one other guy up at the airport (he was joining a different ship).  She dropped me off at the Seamen's club where I would wait to be picked up at 7pm and taken to Nomadic Milde.  She then took the other guy to stay in a motel overnight as his ship wasn't arriving until next morning.

However, once I had been dropped at the seamen's club I decided to look up when the ship was coming exactly.  It was unclear, so one of the really helpful guys drove me down to the port security and got them to look up the official time.  Turned out, the Nomadic Milde wasn't getting in until around 9am tomorrow - once the seamen's club closed I would be homeless!  Sensing this was a potential mix up, I rang the agent here who said, yes, it was an error.  A while later we swapped places, and so I'm now using the wifi at the motel before going to bed - as I'm pretty tired now.  It seems weird, but haven't slept in a bed since Sunday night.  When the driver came to pick me up from the seamen's club I had fallen asleep while reading my book, and was totally startled when he woke me up.  I think I will feel fine tomorrow now though, as feel tired enough to sleep now.

So, I'll let you know of the Nomadic Milde when I get a chance...

Here's a photo for now:


No comments:

Post a Comment