Get rid of potholes in your area by reporting them (Click on the animation below)

Tuesday 13 September 2011

Hong Kong Airport

I landed safely before 5pm and have been trying to resolve a phone issue since. For now, I have managed to get my phone onto WiFi, even if it won't play ball on working as an actual phone!

I actually watched the plane land -by that, I mean that there was a camera mounted to the underside of the plane and you could switch your tv to show it. So, I saw our front wheel touch down and give off that familiar puff of smoke during first contact. I only realised this feature after take off so only managed to see the city's lights on the way out of England. Pretty cool I think, but maybe not so good for somebody terrified of flying! It was also useful to see when taxi was over.

Airport is surrounded by mountainous hills - very much more scenic than Heathrow's construction backdrop. There should be a rather dodgy phone photo attached to this. DSlr staying in bag dismantled until I get on ship!

The flight was great except for some reasonable turbulence - my drink was saved from spilling by a quick downing. Cathay Pacific are great and I reckon I could have done a full 24 hour flight on that plane with no problems. Food was surprisingly good too.

Hopefully I can get the actual phone element working here so when I get to Australia I can exploit the Vodafone passport.

Will post any noteworthy updates as they come... 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your have made the first leg of the journey with only the near spillage of a drink. Have a safe and swift transfer to Aus,
    Love Jane xx

    ReplyDelete